Monday 10 January 2011

Camera, Composition, Animation.

I set up the camera work for Scene 24 couple days ago when I finished the texturing and lighting.
However I need whole city to shot the scene, I started to work on scene 18 to 21 because there is only my pinwheel Island in the shot. Also Abs cut off few scenes because there were too many scenes and it would exceed the 90 second time limit. Therefore now I need to work on scene 18,20,23 and 24. Scene 18 and 20, and 23 and 24 are connected scene each other, so I am going to start scene 18 and 20 first.



Scene 18

Scene 20


For the bridge, we were going to use Moses model, but his bridge looked too realistic, kind of Millenium Bridge style. We agreed to change the bridge to more like simple box shape. So I quickly made another bridge and textured it with newspaper.




I set the bridge with the pinwheel island, set the camera as well. To animate the papaer plane, I used CV curve tool as motion path instead of key framing. It made paper plane flies smoother.

At first, I planned the camera follows to the bridge a bit as plane crossing the frame , but Abs thought static camera would be nicer.  I preferred moving camera shot. Because this scene is turning point from the city to secret island and moving camera gives the sense of continuity and make audience to feel "now, we are going in to that island". Whereas, static camera shot is more like narrated by spectator's perspective. I rendered both of them and moving camera shot has voted for final.



 
Moving camera shot


Static camera shot
  

Continuously,  the plane flies in scene 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment