Sunday 2 January 2011

Abstract roof

After I found below origami style paper work, I thought this one would look super cool as a top roof of building when we shot bird eye view of the paper city. So I started to model it.


Paper Architecture by Prof. Yoshinobu Miyamoto



I thought it looked simple so it would not very difficult to model it, however, it turned out it was not very easy to make it.  At first I tried to make it with CV curve tool but it has depth and kind of spiral shape  so CV curve was not suitable. 
Then I made a poly plane subdivide 20x20 and made part 1 (below) first modifying vertexes. It was better than making with curve tool so I stuck to make plane and rearrange vertexes. Also I found the shape of part 1 and 2 is same as other side, so I decided to make 1+2 and duplicate them and combine them together. It was tricky when I made its depth because the photo shows only top of the objectbut i could manage to do it.




After I finished the roof shape, I made the building walls and textured them with some window drawings. I didn't want to make windows as real window but wanted to give some feelings of prettiness. So I searched some rococo style windows and found this picture.Unlike other flashy windows, I liked it has limited decoration around the window. As my building already has the abstract top roof, I thought these moderate decorated window would look simple but pretty.




After texture the building, below images are rendered. 




It looks like it's made with smooth but not coated paper which i like. It looks not very special on the side of the building but with the abstract roof, it certainly shows the building is not as same as ordinary buildings.







No comments:

Post a Comment