Tuesday 16 November 2010

Designing ferris wheel

Based on the london eye, I have been thinking about how to make the ferris wheel.
Unlikely old fashion ferris wheel, london eye's cabin basically turn within circular mounting rings fixed to the outside of the main rim. It will take time to rig or animate it. So I came up the design of cabin for my ferris wheel.




and I designed something very different and crazy shape of ferris wheel. It was from the meeting yesterday and Abs came up with making something totally different like "star".
After that, the Solar system struck me. At first, I was thinking about making cabins as every single planet revolves around sun and put roundy sun shape in the middle. However, it went too far and it actually makes really complicate. So I just drew it sun as a main structure and cabins as saturn and typical star shape. Also the way cabin moves isn't like london eye. It's like hanging cabins as old fashion ferris wheel.





No comments:

Post a Comment