Sunday 12 December 2010

Pinwheel Island Pt.1

I have decided to make pinwheel island for our paper city instead of london eye style ferris wheel because that makes more sense.  Before I start to model it, I had a plan to make one part of flag and duplicate it because 4 flags has same shape. While I was looking up some pinwheel picture, I saw someone already modeled it and uploaded it on Creative Crash. It was nice reference to model pinwheel.








Source from : http://www.creativecrash.com/marketplace/sports-hobbies/toy/c/paper-windmill-pinwheel


My workflow of modeling Pinwheel





  



As I was modeling the pinwheel, I thought it would be nice to pinwheel is pinned to a pencil. 
So I made the stick as a pencil and will texture them soon. For the island, There will be one BIG in the middle and other many small pinwheels going to be around  the big one. 



Photo Reference for Pinwheel Island ↓

I found them on Flickr.com and I love the atmosphere when bunch of pinwheels are together. It gives so fresh, live and happy feeling with all that vivid colour. I want my island looks happy and dreamy too!



















No comments:

Post a Comment